For many people, a good day starts with coffee. That’s why they need a quality coffee machine. Today we will be comparing some of the best Nespresso coffee machines. We wrote an indepth Nespresso Citiz vs Pixie espresso machine comparison article.
Nespresso is a well-known manufacturer for making great coffee makers. These machines are as convenient as they get, and they have a very cool design. If you are a lover of capsule-based coffee, you know that Nespresso is the right manufacturer for you. It manages to extract a very rich taste from any capsule, and their capsules are amazing. All in all, there isn’t a single reason why anyone would make a bad decision by choosing Nespresso. Keep on reading to find out why you might find the CitiZ or the Pixie to be a perfect choice for your needs.
What are the Nespresso Citiz and Pixie as coffee makers?
You have probably heard that you can find two types of Nespresso machines on the market. Namely, there are OriginalLine and VertuoLine espresso machines from Nespresso. Many people prefer the OriginalLine because it has some excellent benefits over the VertuoLine.
If you like OriginalLine more, you will find that the CitiZ or Pixie are excellent choices for you. These are OriginalLine brewers. Because they come from the same line, it is reasonable they have similar functions and design. In the next part, we will compare them side by side. By knowing the pros and cons, you will be able to make an informed decision and buy the coffee machine for your specific needs and taste.
Nespresso CitiZ features
This coffee brewer brings excellent performance to the table. It has brew sizes of 1,35 and 3,70 oz which make it very easy for you in the morning. This espresso machine has a powerful 19 bar pump pressure. It extracts the rich taste from the capsule making sure you get the best-tasting coffee you can expect. However, it is noticeable that this coffee brewer does not automatically tell you when the reservoir is empty. You will need to keep an eye on this one.
Design-wise, the CitiZ espresso machine has a lot of things to offer. It has what some would call a retro-modern design. Although the exterior is made from plastic, this espresso machine has very resistant exterior materials. The design itself is very user-friendly and convenient. It’s a simple design, it doesn’t feature levers, handles or other things that make the coffee brewing process complicated. All you need to do to activate the starting process is to put the capsule down the hole. This way you load the capsule and you should only press a button for the machine to start.
Design wise, we should also mention that this coffee brewer is not too bulky. It comes in dimensions of 5,1”x10,9”x14,6”. This makes it perfect for any kitchen interior design or bar. It even has a lengthy cord of 3.6 feet which means that you can maneuver with distance from power outlets with it. All in all, this machine has a very convenient design and features. The excellent performance is a must from any OriginalLine coffee maker.
- High performance: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve Coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Nespresso original coffee capsule.
- Speed and energy saving: The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic energy saving function switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes.
- Versatility: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 ounce) and Lungo (5 ounce) buttons, making CitiZ a great Coffee maker for all your single-serve Coffee needs. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 ounce) for quick and simple cleaning. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks.
- Design: CitiZ's look continues to please both Nespresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to Coffee rituals.
- Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a Nespresso original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles.
Nespresso Pixie features
Nespresso Pixie is also part of the OriginalLine type of Nespresso coffee brewers. That’s why the Pixie and CitiZ have similar features. The Pixie also has the same brew sizes of 1.35 oz and 3.70 oz as well as the same pump pressure of 19 bars. This means that these brewers extract the taste from the capsules in the same way. But, there are certain differences between the Pixie and the CitiZ. The Pixie has a smaller water reservoir of 24 oz compared to CitiZ’s reservoir of 34 oz.
The Pixie has the ability to detect and notify you when the reservoir is empty. So, in certain ways, both brewers can save you some time.
Design wise, Nespresso’s Pixie has a premium aluminum siding, which makes it look very modern and sophisticated and somewhat avant-garde. However, this does not have an effect on the overall performance of the coffee brewer. However, it might have better durability than the CitiZ espresso machine.
Talking about convenience, the Pixie has a lever which is used to push forward the brew head. This isn’t a hard process, however, you will need to use some energy on it. The Pixie also has a shorter cord of 2.6 feet compared to CitiZ’s cord with 3.6 feet length. If power outlets are an issue, you should take this into consideration. The Pixie is smaller and more compact compared to the CitiZ which makes it perfect for smaller kitchens and bars.
- BARISTA GRADE: Nespresso Inissia by Breville offers an impeccable single serve coffee or espresso cup every time, thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure
- FAST: Eliminate the wait time with how fast the water reaches the ideal temperature in less 25 seconds in a single touch. This automatic coffee machine gets your perfect cup of coffee or espresso to you fast
- VERSATILE COFFEE MACHINE: Brew two different cup sizes; Espresso (1.35 oz) and Lungo (5 oz) at the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Adjustable cup size with two programmable espresso and lungo buttons. The folding drip tray accommodates larger single serve cup sizes and recipes. Smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our coffee maker after 9 minutes
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
Conclusion – Pixie vs CitiZ – which one should you choose
By knowing these coffee brewers come from Nespresso, you know that you shouldn’t expect anything less than good performance and excellent coffee. However, there are certain things you should take into consideration before you make your purchase. Think about the size of your kitchen, where do you intend to put your brewer and how much energy you want to put in it. If you want something that does the job without you touching it, the CitiZ is the brewer for you. On the other hand, if you want something stylish, fitting and offering durability with performance, the Pixie coffee brewer is the choice for you. Some other choices could be the Vertuoplus vs Evoluo machines.